Friday, January 14, 2005

HAPPY FRIDAY!

This week seemed to go by really quickly. I think it was the great weather we've had the last 2 weeks- time flies when you're having fun. Last night a huge storm came through and by the end of today we should be back down in the 30s, with lows in the 20's tonight. Tomorrow's "frosty 50" ride will live up to its name- we expect a high of around 35 degrees. That's Fahrenheit. For my fellow southerners, that's a temperature that sometimes happens when you live in the wrong place.


Last night the storm blew in at about 5:00. The wind picked up and blew through the tall hardwood trees in the backyard making a huge howling noise. I got up to look out the window at the storm. SNG rolled over and said, "mrrf torrential elf-war?" Yes, dear- the elves are at war again.


He says he said torrential downpour, but I know what I heard.


It was quite a torrential elf-war. The dogs wanted nothing to do with it. So of course when I put them out, the first thing they did was go bury themselves in the mud. Little orcses, nasty muddy little orcses, my precious.


Modean had his first round of chemo yesterday. The vet found a way to do the first dose at a dramatically lower price than the doggie oncologist could do, so we took her up on it. Modean is completely in love with the vet, even if she sticks him with big fat needles. I think it's partly because she has a cute little tiny voice.


She says:

Modean is going to need to take 15.5 grams of prednisone every day- he'll get 3/4 of this pill and 1/2 of this pill. Make sure to watch him for signs of allergic reaction...


Modean hears:

Modeeeeeeean coo coo coooo teee teee tee daaaaaaa, heeeeee, cooo cooo, tooo tooo, pii pii rerere coooooooo.


Modean says:

You had me at Modeeeeeeeean

2 comments:

sng said...

Did I say "elf wars?"
I meant to say "clone wars."
No, not really.

PartnerInCrime said...

On the subject of saying things in your sleep that make no sense, the other night I woke Dave up and told him, "she doesn't know." Neither one of us has any idea who she is, or what it is that she doesn't know, but there you go.
Torrential elf wars. Awesome.