Friday, August 1, 2008

Who that? What this? Where that? How do that?

We have officially entered the toddler-twenty-questions phase. Sometimes it's cute. Sometimes it drives me up the freaking wall. Every person and animal must have a name, in e-baby world. So, that random child in the crowd, in the background picture of a book?
"Who dat?"
"That's a little boy."
"What's dat little boy's name?"
"I don't know."
"What's dat little boy's name?"
"I really don't know, sweetheart."
"What's dat little boy's name, mommy?"
"Babylamb, he's just some little boy taking a walk with his mommy."
"What's dat little boy's mommy's name?"
"Mommy"
"What's dat little boy's name?"
"Sammy."
(pointing at a dog on other side of the page)"Who dat?"

Besides the 20-questions, E-baby is getting better at singing songs, and blew my mind by singing the entire ABC song from "A" to "Sing with Me" last week. OK, she skipped "s" but otherwise it was spot-on.

In the next few months she'll be moving up to the 2-year old class. I'll be glad, because she has definitely outgrown this group. She's the next thing to a T.A. in that room of one-year-olds. The 2-year-old class will present new challenges and I'm excited to see what that will bring. The main thing on my mind is potty training. After potty training comes... the big girl bed! And after that, who knows? Driver's license? Part-time job?

As if to prove my point, after her bath this evening, she was frustrated that SNG and I were talking and not really watching her shenanigans, so she got right in front of me (I was sitting on the floor), put her hands on either side of my face, leaned in and said, so quietly,
"Mommy. Listen to my voice. Mommy, listen to my words." Followed by an intense now, are you paying attention? gaze. Aaaaaand, then more Bob the Builder theme song.

Yes ma'am. You do know how take charge of the situation.

Here are the Marquette pictures. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Eduth said...

The pictures from Marquette are great!

Lee Page said...

Loved it!! Thanks for the smile. :)

PartnerInCrime said...

That's awesome. She is such a little chatterbox, it's hilarious.
I was wondering how y'all were going to handle the big-girl bed transition with #2 on the way. Probably a good idea to do it sooner rather than later, so she doesn't get the feeling that she's getting kicked out of her bed, right?
Loved the pics, thanks for posting them!
P.S. Today my mom was rummaging through sewing patterns and trying to decide what costume to make C-baby for Halloween. I told her to hold off because we might have to coordinate our girls and make sure their outfits at least complement each other.

cat said...

Oh, Halloween! That would be so CUTE! But we might be missing Halloween this year because Fish is getting married in Mandeville Nov 1 and we will probably take e-baby with us. So tell your mom to go ahead and plan whatever she likes this year. next year, we'll let the girls collaborate on a costume idea!

Lizard Breath said...

Listen to my voice! That is priceless! I wish we could get the girls together! Maybe soon? Maybe. My Miss C is transitioning this week and I know exactly what you mean about having outgrown her age group. I am sure E-baby will have a great time whichever class she is in but will absolutely adore being with bigger kids! :) MYLY!

Mom said...

Like mother, like daughter! At your preschool "graduation", you were reciting a poem and the rest of the class was on risers behind you and some of them were talking, You turned around, put your hands on your hips and said "BE QUIET". The class got completely silent and you finished your poem. You really brought down the house with that!