Monday, March 13, 2006

*edited to add: I finally told my colleagues today that we're expecting a baby, so I can finally write about it here, too! In case you didn't know, we're expecting a baby! Woohoo!
Waiting Game
In an effort to keep my backpack light (since I did end up sleeping in 12 different places over a 21-day vacation, and all with one backpack most of the time), I shipped 3 packages home to myself. The Spain package has already arrived, since mom sent it from Austin. We sampled some of the fancy Spanish chocolates last night when our neighbors came over for dinner.

I'm still waiting for the package from France, but it is coming on a boat, so I expect it'll be mid-July by the time it arrives. It's mostly candy and a pink sweater that smells like goat.

The package of "Grape Juice" from Germany arrived today. Apparently, the German post is just as bad at doing their jobs as the US. The package had been dropped, sliced at with a knife, run over, bombed with TNT, stepped on, and probably had a dog pee on it for good measure. Luckily, the bottles inside were SO well protected that they are all still very much intact. So we have 4 bottles of Reisling ice wine (Eiswein) to toast something with! Now all we need is something to toast. I'm sure we'll come up with something before the year is up...

In other news, we had a BEAUTIFUL weekend here in Raleigh. High was around 75-80 both days, so we got out on our bikes for the first time in a few months. Sore tooshies today, but it was worth it. Sunday Peace and Fuzzy came over with their new puppy (SO CUTE it could bring about world peace) and helped us install our large and magnificent new hammock in the backyard. Goofch has been trying to figure out how to get in it to take a nap.

3 comments:

PartnerInCrime said...

Yaaaayyy!!! So glad you're finally out of the closet, so to speak. It's been killing me not to mention it.
Hooray for the Alphababy or SNG-let. :)

PartnerInCrime said...

Also, now everyone will know why you really barfed in a trash can in Spain. Hee!

alphagal said...

Yeah, it was the Inch-High-Private-Eye making me barf!
I told The Office just in time. When I woke up yesterday, I looked a little pudgy around the middle. By bedtime I looked like I'd swallowed a grapefruit.
This morning it's more like a pomegranate, but I think this kid was holding its breath until I told El Jefe the news.