Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jambuca's One-Month-Day


Yesterday was Jambuca's one-month birthday, and I didn't even turn on the computer the entire day, so I didn't get this post up until now. Happy monthday, baby boy!

In the last week he has entered positive numbers for his gestational age, and there must be something special about that because he has also just exploded in his growth and in his awareness of the outside world. Remember those pictures from the hospital? Skinny arms and legs, small round cheeks, tennis ball head, no butt at all. Now? HA! Let's just say that SNG has taken to calling him New York Superfudge Chunk. E-baby calls him Chubby-Love. I can't stop gumming his big fat cheeks and tickling his 2nd chin. Even his shoulders are chubby. It makes sense because for the first three weeks of his life, all he did was eat, sleep, poop, and pass wind. He's still passing a lot of wind. A LOT. It's like Ooooooooklahoma in his pants. He's still eating and sleeping a lot, too, but he's spending a lot more time awake and looking around. The most interesting thing to look at is the cabinet full of coffee cups. That's my boy.

Now, I wouldn't want you to think "Oh, no fair, she's getting so much sleep with a newborn!" No, sadly, I'm not getting nearly as much sleep as I did with e-baby. He sleeps a lot, and the entire time he's sleeping, he grunts, yells, groans, makes choking sounds (scares the heck out of me), gurgles on spitup (which also sounds like drowning, and scares the heck out of me), and squeaks. There is no sleep for anyone else when Jambuca sleeps. Oh, and he wants to eat every 2-3 hours. Just like when he was born. The longest he's ever gone for a stretch at night is a hair over 3 hours.

Still, it's no worse than I'd expected, and he's had no signs of colic thus far, so I count myself very lucky anyway. Plus I'm still getting a nap every afternoon, which does wonders for my outlook on life.

OK, OK, enough chatter. I know what you're really here for-- the pictures are here. :-)

edited to add: at Jambuca's Brazelton assessment today, he was 10lb 11.5 oz, and 22 in.

5 comments:

Granny said...

Just came from Flickr--what great pics! Now we're on our way to Raleigh to see for ourselves (Friday aft.)

Elizabeth Ceranowski said...

Awwwww... he's so cute!!!!
How is big sis liking hin now that she is feeling better? And, did she like her big sis present?

Dad said...

10 lb, 11 oz? two days after his due date? Wow! Aren't you glad he came early!?!? Like you said, that boy knows how to eat!
Love,
Dear Old Dad

Lizard Breath said...

Like I said at SNG's blog, sooo cute, such pinchable cheeks! Can't wait to visit!

PartnerInCrime said...

Ha! I was right when I picked him up & said that I thought he weighed almost as much as one of my cats. My cranky-old-lady-cat is a hair over 11 lbs., so I was very close.
The pics are fantastic. And "Ooooklahoma in his pants" made me laugh. A lot.