Thursday, February 1, 2007

My parents and my aunt will be here this evening and Fish will be here Friday for e-baby's baptism Saturday,and it's good timing. e-baby's at a really fun age right now. She smiles and laughs at everything, she loves to play with her feet, and I know there's a consonant sound just around the corner. She has invented a few bvfff sounds, and she gurgles/sings a lot, but we're still waiting for a proper consonant.

She's trying very hard to become mobile. If she's propped up a little bit, she'll pull herself up into a sitting position, only to flop forward under her own weight. So she isn't sitting unassisted, but she's close. It seems to me that she isn't so much trying to sit up as she's trying to go somewhere. It's truly astonishing how quickly babies gain these skills. One day you have no hint what's coming and the next day, Pow! the baby is looking you in the eye intently. Then she's laughing. Then she's fascinated by her hands and the next thing you know, she's interested in computers.



So, OK, not so animated in this one but I think it's hilarious.

There's snow in Charlotte and it just started snowing here, so let's all think warm thoughts for the roads between Atlanta and Raleigh to stay clear for driving, since that's the way mom, dad, and tia are coming.

2 comments:

PartnerInCrime said...

I love that ABBA is the background soundtrack to that. Awesome.
I'm looking forward to a lot of those milestones. Especially the smiling and laughing. I can't wait for that.

Alphagal said...

The smiling is THE BEST! Baby smiles can cure terrible illnesses, I'm pretty sure.
I *can't wait* to meet Cate. I bet she'll start smiling around the time we come visit, or within a few weeks of then. And I know she's going to have such a beautiful smile!