Thursday, May 25, 2006

At last, the confinement is over. And, since I had to teach on Sunday (at 8am, mind you!), I will be taking the day off tomorrow. Four-day weekend! Woowoo!

This weekend SNG's 'rents are coming to town to help with the old-fashioned Amish barn-raising going on in our very own yard. Actually, it's an 8x8 foot shed, and the men-types will do the barn-raising. SNG's mom and I will be ripping our hairs out trying to sew maternity clothes all weekend long. Well, actually, she'll probably be just fine as she actually knows how to sew beyond just a pretty-much-straight-line. She's already made a shirt, some pants, a skirt, some shorts in less than 2 weeks. I've had 3 identical shirts in the planned-but-not-made-phase for the past 4 weeks. I am determined to get those shirts one step closer to wearable.

So Domestic! Where's that horse-and-buggy?

In the meantime, I am spending one of the 2.5 remaining business days I have left to learn this goshforsaken new class that I'm supposed to be teaching very very soon. Trouble is that when I run the examples in the course on my computer, I don't get the same results as the ones shown in the book. This is the same software that has taken 1.5 business days to install each time I've had to install it. Which has been three.

But at least it's kind of like Friday today! 75 minutes to go!

1 comment:

PartnerInCrime said...

That is awfully domestic of you. I suffer the burden of having been raised by a mother who sewed everything: I can't even thread a needle. Seriously. I have a pair of pants in my closet that the button fell off of, and I've been procrastinating about taking it to the dry cleaners to have it sewn back on, because I know they're going to laugh at me. Sad.
Have fun with your Amish weekend. :)