Friday, June 3, 2005

It's SO nice to be in the office for more than a week at a time. I feel like I'm just settling into some normalcy. By this time next week I'll be antsy and ready to hit the road again.

And, conveniently enough, that's when I'm going to pile into a 15-passenger-van with 3 friends, 5 bicycles and 2 weeks' worth of luggage and head to Canada! On the way we're going to stop in Pittsburgh to watch the Senior Olympics (Go Dad!! Go Mom!! Go Nana!!) and add 2 more people and 2 more bikes to the gypsy train. My rents will drive their car as far as Montreal and from there we'll just use the Big Van. "But poor SNG! Where is he in all this?" you ask. He is going to fly out and meet us in Montreal on the 15th. He's still pumped about having a 1-way ticket to Canada and keeps threatening not to return until the current government regime has been overthrown.

I'll give you the whole play-by-play of the trip, complete with pictures, after we get back.

After the Canada trip I've got another 2 weeks in the office before my next trip... to... De....troit. Gah.

There is a triathlon on Sunday that I'd really like to participate in, but I don't know whether I've got the nerve. It's Olympic distance, which is twice as long as the one I did a few weeks ago. I don't know whether I can actually swim for 1.5 Km in open water without a wetsuit, and the thought of putting that wetsuit/deathtrap/torture device back on makes me anxious. The bike and the run I can handle. It's in Henderson, which is an hour's drive from here, so I'd rather go stay the night there instead of getting up at 5am to drive there on raceday.

I'll let you know next week whether I chickened out or not. I chickened out of one last weekend already-- even paid for the registration, which is non-refundable.

Now back to work.

No comments: