Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Weekend Before Thanksgiving

I don't really have much to talk about, but I feel like writing so I'll just tell you about our weekend. Saturday morning we got up fairly early and did some Christmas shopping while e-baby was in happy mode. This weekend was also the High Holy Days, so after Christmas shopping we met a bunch of friends at a chinese restaurant for lunch and trawled the acres of tables of cheap used books afterwards. SNG and I found 20 books for $10. I intended to go back today when it's $5 to fill a box or $2 to fill a bag, but we just couldn't get it together.

Sunday's to-do list was:
Early grocery run (just need to grab a couple of things for Thanksgiving dinner: $261 later, done. oops?)
Sort and put away laundry (not quite done yet)
Bike ride (done)
Play in the yard (done)
Lie around in the hammocks (done)
Straighten up the house for the maids on Tuesday (if they're actually coming this week)
Feed Chuck (my pet sourdough-- he's doing well, thanks for asking. Housebroken and everything.)
Check the diaper bags and replinish whatever is needed (oh, and throw away the half-dozen containers of half-eaten baby cereal that have been in there for heaven knows how long)
Wrap baby gift for tomorrow's birthday party (Done)

Now I am going to read one of my new used books: The Shipping News, by E. A. Proulx. I saw the movie. But the beauty thing about being me, other than meeting new people every day and finding humor in the same joke every time it's told, is that I don't remember anything about the movie except Kevin Spacey. It isn't a spoiler if I've already recycled those memory neurons.

I never forget where I purchased a pair of shoes or item of clothing, but I can't recall what I had for dinner yesterday.

No comments: