Monday, May 4, 2009

Three Months Old


"My sister picks my outfits"

My tiny new baby is three months old today. He's 15lb 8oz. where does the time go? How did this happen?

A little over a week ago (at gestational age of 2 months) a bunch of things happened:
Jambuca quit his nonstop slow poop in favor of several days between poops (as many as 8 days) without any apparent pain, so I interpret it as his gut maturing (yeah, I know there's a joke hanging right there- like fish in a barrel).
He seems to be bothered less by what I eat. Maybe I'll venture a cup of coffee in another week?
He is awakened to play several times a day so he can't just sleep away the day between feedings, which leads to...
He sleeps all night. Hallelujah, can I get a witness! AAA-MEN!!!

We moved him to his own room Friday night and he sleeps even better there than in our room.

For a milestone of my own, we crossed some threshold where 2 kids is no longer 4x harder than 1 kid. Now it's more like 1.5x as hard. That came faster than I expected. I don't figure it'll always be that way.

I'll add a picture or two to this post later when I can get onto a real computer (this is coming from my phone-ouch, my thumbs!).

5 comments:

Lizard Breath said...

Yea sleeping all night! Yea coffee! Yea you!

Alphagal said...

Oh yes, I miss coffee so bad. But the Iron Goddess of Mercy has been a good substitute.

PartnerInCrime said...

I'll be interested to hear how the coffee experiment goes. I love those pics, he is such a sweet little chunk o' love.
I am so jealous that both of your babies slept through the night within the first 3 months. No fair. Whenever we have a second one, I hope God knows that He owes me a good sleeper!

Lizard Breath said...

Love the pictures! What a happy baby!

TexasRecyclingQueen said...

Secret to having babies sleep through the night starting at about 1 week to 10 days is easy. Start off with BIG babies! Both of mine were sleeping through the night before they were even 2 weeks old. Simple, Biance weighed 9lb.12 oz at birth and Christian was an even 10 pounds. Secret? You can fill them up to the brim (as it were) before midnight and they have enough tank space to last them until after 7:00 a.m. - Life is GOOD when you can get a good night's sleep!