Thursday, September 7, 2006

Change Happens, Life Moves On.
Everybody's been so caring about Goofch. I can't tell you how much it means to us-- thank you. We'll be OK- just sad for awhile. He was a terrific friend.

In the interest of cheering us all up, I have added some new belly pictures to the old belly picture page (scroll down to see the newer ones). I have one with the same outfit and pose (sadly, no melon this time) at 37 weeks as the picture taken at 27 weeks. What a difference 10 weeks makes. There's also a scary-belly picture, so if bellies scare you, please don't look. I don't want to scare anybody.

We've taken to calling her The Passenger lately, but I think I'll call her The Boarder. And her eviction notice is coming. She'd better pack her bags and take down all those rockstar posters from the walls because moving day is approaching. No squatters!!

The doctor told me yesterday all the stuff I usually hear: blood pressure is fantastic (thanks, mom!), hemoglobin is "One of the best I've ever seen in a woman at this stage of pregnancy!"--Doctor's quote (Thanks, dad!), weight is good, protein and sugar are normal, and Baby Is The Right Size! (what? Did I hear you right?) Yes! 38 cm fundus measurement! Go me and the Boarder!

Unfortunately, I am NOT 90% effaced, 3 cm dilated (more like 10%, 1 cm) so it doesn't look like the baby will be coming this week, or probably next week either.

I'm telling you kiddo, I don't want you squatting. I know it's a fantastic rent-controlled all-bills-paid flat you've got there, but I WILL send an eviction crew in there after you if necessary. Then all your CDs and Manolo Blahniks will be out on the lawn for the neighbors to see. And you'll be crying for mama.

And she'll come running. ;-)

3 comments:

PartnerInCrime said...

Those new belly pictures are fantastic. I love the angle on that last one - making your belly seem as big as possible and making your head look like it's miles away. That's awesome.
Oh, and I meant to ask you before: don't I know those dining room chairs?

mom said...

Yikes! I remember that! You look like you swallowed a beach ball! Your timing with this baby is almost identical to mine!
And PIC, you do indeed know those chairs!
Mom

alphagal said...

Head far away? No, my belly's just SOOO BIG that it makes my head look really, really small. ;-) Did I tell y'all that I had to find shoes with a higher PSI rating? My running shoes all bottom out at this weight.
Yup, those were Nahnee's chairs. We've had them since about 1997. I love them, but they do need some structural work because they're older than Moses. I don't think I could ever re-upholster them.