Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yeah, I got nothing to talk about. Nothing. So I'll ramble for awhile so as to not get in the habit of leaving my blog un-updated for weeks on end.

Last week I was in Chicago and stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, which was kind of cool. It uses the same logo as Hard Rock Cafe, so I guess they're related somehow, but I can't say for sure. The room was outfitted with a fake lizard-skin chair and ottoman of the kind you'd expect Steven Tyler to use for one-night-stands with groupies, and the paint, carpets, and linens were all appropriately blase shades of grey and pewter. Chrome fixtures, furry pillows. Ace Frehley on the wall by the window, beckoning me to sinfulness with one hand, the other hand on his guitar. The Who in the bathroom, Roger Daultry doing the white-man's-overbite.

I'd stay there again. Comfy bed, very quiet, DVD and surround sound in the room.

This week I'll be in Atlanta, but only for a short trip. Arriving late tomorrow and leaving after class Friday. Barely even time to shop at the mall attached to my hotel! Not like I can buy much anyway, though. I'm mostly wearing Tony's shirts these days. He could definitely use some more feminine shirts. Maybe I'll buy him some nice blouses.

Next week is Cincinnatti. Some people call it Cincy for short, but I think that's because it's hard to spell. There's a lot of traffic between the airport and the Cincy office. And that is all that there is to say about Cincinnatti.

In other news, Goofch got to spend the weekend with his girlfriend DOTi, who, for all her tiny-ness, seems to have no problem smacking The Goofch into shape when he misebehaves. He wasn't able to get within a foot of her food dish without a serious talking to. It was hi-larious because DOTi is about 1/5 the size of Goofch. Saturday we took the dogs to the state park for an Earth Day celebration and 4 mile walk/run. We walked to and from the walk/run, making it 6 miles for us, but the dogs held up nicely. On the way home, a giant electrical storm popped up and scared the pants off of me, and so I ran very very fast with SNG behind me saying, "If you can hear the lightning, you haven't been struck by it! It's OK! Don't panic!!"

Oh, well, nothing else going on.

2 comments:

PartnerInCrime said...

Goofch and DOTi sound hilarious. Reminds me that last year, during Katrina, when a certain great aunt of ours went to stay with my folks? She brought her dog Molly with her. My mom's 6-pound declawed cat somehow managed to scare the ever-loving bejeezus out of poor Molly. (I'm guessing Molly weighs somewhere around 30-40 pounds?) They found her cowering in the back of my parents' closet. The humans, of course, realized how funny this was, and many photos were taken.
Cosmopolitan has been stuck in Ohio a lot lately for work. You should email her to see if you're both going to be in the area at the same time.

alphagal said...

Good idea! I'll email her.