Wednesday, March 24, 2010

For Posteriority

I sometimes look back and can't remember whether such-and-so was the same with e-baby as it is with Jambuca. Well, I want to be sure and remember that I had days like this when e-baby was 3. A lot of them. This was my FB status the other day:
"IT'S TIME TO GO TO BED NO YOU MAY NOT MAKE A CAKE OR WATCH TV OR GO OUTSIDE AND WATER THE PLANTS STOP HAVING A TEMPER TANTRUM YOU MUST WASH AT LEAST YOUR BOTTOM AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH DO YOU WANT THEM TO ALL ROT OUT PUT ON PAJAMAS NO THE UNDERWEAR MUST BE CLEAN AND IF YOU WOULD DRY YOUR LEGS THEY WOULDN'T STICK WHEN YOU... PUT THEM ON BE QUIET I AM LEAVING THE ROOM NOW SEE YOU IN THE MORNING!"

today, I said to her,
"OK, so is it TV that is so very, very bad, or is it going to your friend's house to play that is so very, very bad? Because only something very, very bad can make a person behave like this."

OK, so when Jambuca's 3, and I think, "Gosh, e-baby was never bratty like this!" smack me on he posterior with this blog post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like she's getting a late run at the Terrible Two's for such a precocious young lady. Hang in there, Sweetie!

Love,

Dad

LizardBreath said...

What was it our parents used to tell us? Oh yea, their wish is for us to get children just like us. :) She still a great kid, just testing boundaries is all!

Unknown said...

I'm sure glad my kids never gave me a moment's hard time!
love, Mom