Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All About Being Three


e-baby is three. She reminds me at every opportunity. She also reminds the checker at the grocery store, my colleagues, our neighbors, the mail carrier...


Being three means being able to DO IT MYSELF, DAMMIT, SO BACK OFF! (OK, those aren't exactly her words, but they're close) But really, she has a point. There are a lot of things that she can do and should be encouraged to do by herself. It's all good.


With three comes pre-school. She has moved up to the Children's House and within a day or 2, I could see changes. It's as if something clicks in a child's mind when they switch environments and bazillions of new connection form. I saw it when she moved into the 1- and 2- year old classes at daycare as well. The first and most dramatic clue I had was her artwork.


Exhibit A: Original e-baby art created maybe a month ago:



Exhibit B: Original e-baby art created after a week at Children's House:



Um- WTF? Wow, kid. You've been holding on me?
I don't suppose you really need those labels I put on the pictures, but I wanted to be sure I remembered which was whom.

So far, three is fun, but then that's no surprise. Every age has been fun. I'm looking forward to this next year.

5 comments:

lizardbreath said...

What an amazing shift in only a month. She really is a big girl now!

Christa said...

Very artistic ;-)

SNG said...

She's gone from Jackson Pollock to Pablo Picasso!

PartnerInCrime said...

I love that top photo of the two of them. That girl of yours sure is a smarty-pants.

TexasRecyclingQueen said...

Truly amazing! ... and cute.