Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dallas, PA

We had some sad news on Tuesday night. SNG and Dianaverse's grandmother passed away. It was not unexpected, but it's always sad to lose someone you love. So SNG, e-baby and Dianaverse will be flying up to central PA on Friday morning, and Friday evening after class I'll be flying from DFW to Harrisburg, renting a car, and driving to Columbia, arriving around 1am. We'll all fly home together on Sunday morning. Although the circumstances are unhappy, it will be really nice to see family that we very rarely see. E-baby has never met SNG's cousins. I'm pretty sure she'll give them all big sloppy hugs and kisses. Or at least, she'll give their children big sloppy hugs and kisses.

Right now I am blogging from a Doubletree in N. Dallas, and I just got back from dinner with three dear friends from SNG's college days and their four kids, who were SO GOSH DARN CUTE I could have eaten them up. Even when they got grumpy and tired they were irresistible. At one point the restaurant was transfored into a 5-and-under dance club. The oldest of the girls was gracious enough to let me join in the dancing fun, even though I'm too old to be cool. Oh, it was great to see their parents, too. :-) I wish SNG could have been there, and he's going to have to just come out with e-baby some time for a visit.

After dinner I ran into a Kroger for some soymilk and came out with a double issue of People magazine. Hey, did YOU know that Angelina is pregnant again? And that people wore beautiful dresses to the awards recently? Now I can read all about it! I haven't read a serious trash magazine in probably a year, and the first thing I did was rip-rip-rip out all the pages with ads on both sides. After I hit publish on this post I'm going to plug my brain right into the backside of the collective unconscious and find out who's breaking up and who has a crazy voodoo lifestyle. I can't wait.

It's the perfect end to a perfectly lovely evening.

No comments: