Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Is it Wednesday already?!

And August is almost over. I tell you, I feel like I've dodged a bullet, having spent much of the the summer traveling. Summers in Canada, Detroit, San Francisco, San Diego, and the mountains of West Virginia are quite a bit cooler than in NC. Poor SNG and Goofch. I bet they didn't spend more than 10 minutes without air-conditioning.

I think I mentioned that we have finally got our housecleaning service started up again. HOORAY! As a result, SNG got me to help with some yardwork last weekend. That's right, folks. If you had driven past my house on Sunday, you would have seen me out there broiling away raking mulch. MULCH! I know, it's crazy. Luckily, there were plenty of shady areas that needed mulch. SNG, with his olive complexion and Greek heritage, is naturally well-suited to yardwork in direct sunlight. He doesn't burn, he just ripens. Everyone knows that light-eyed and fair-skinned people have much lower sunshine tolerance and should therefore stay in shade or, even better, air-conditioning.

There's no way I would have mulched if I could have found a dirty toilet to clean instead.

3 comments:

SNG said...

This weekend, we can do MORE yardwork. I think we should plant some stuff in the new mulch. Or, work on the backyard! Weee! Fun!

PartnerInCrime said...

See, this? Is why we hired a landscaper.

alphagal said...

*grumble grumble stupid yardwork no more mulching for ME!*
I think I have a bunch of apple butter to make this weekend.